Electric Pictures is a graphic design studio specializing in logos, branding, print and web.
We believe graphic design is a creative endeavor that balances marketing savvy with intuition and imagination. Our philosophy is that creative endeavors have no predetermined outcomes and that there are infinite design solutions to every design problem. As designers and consultants, our task is one of discovering and uncovering.
At Electric Pictures, we also believe that graphic design is a collaborative process. Our goal is to create distinctive solutions tailored to each client’s individual needs. To achieve this goal, we carefully balance analysis with passion, clarity with wit, and function with form. If you have an advertising, branding or promotion need, contact us. Our fresh and innovative solutions will give you an edge in today’s competitive marketplace.
The development of a logo or any marketing communication project is a process. The process usually involves many people at various decision-making levels contributing their insights and opinions resulting in a final design that satisfies all parties involved. The process is a collaborative one. The different phases in the process can be basically described as follows:
- Research: Gathering of information about the project, the target audience or goals, the competition and market. A “personality profile” of the company, product or service is developed.
- Analysis: The designers analyze the research and document the results. The client is asked to confirm the analysis.
- Exploration: The designer creates several samples that fulfill the requirements as defined during research and analysis.
- Testing: The designs are shown to a test audience and feedback is received.
- Refinement: Adjustments are made to the design based on feedback from testing. Further testing may be needed.
- Execution: The final design is produced, distributed and/or published.
During the research and analysis phase, several key questions are often asked. Here are some of them:
- Does the company have a mission statement?
- What is the target market for the company’s products or services?
- What changes has the company gone through in the last five years? What changes are expected in the next five years?
- What changes (if any) are happening in the company’s target market?
- What companies/products are the considered the competition?
- What adjectives/keywords can be used to describe the “personality” of the company?
- What are the company’s greatest strengths? What are the weaknesses?
- If this company were a person, what kind of person would he/she be?
Electric Pictures has solved hundreds of marketing communication problems for our clients. Based in Champaign IL, our roster of clients stretch from New York to Los Angeles and everywhere in between. Our partial client list includes ad agencies, design firms, corporations, non-profit organizations and educational institutions:
- Assouline (New York NY)
- Bachrach (Decatur IL)
- Bouvier Kelly (Greensboro NC)
- BYTE Magazine (Petersborough NH)
- Carmichael Lynch (Minneapolis MN)
- Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
(New York NY)
- Champaign County Regional Planning (Urbana IL)
- Champaign Park District (Champaign IL)
- City of Champaign (Champaign IL)
- Cline, Davis & Mann (New York NY)
- Colonna Farrell (St Helena CA)
- Computer Associates (Islandia NY)
- Consolidated Communications (Charleston IL)
- Cornett Advertising (Lexington KY)
- Digitas (Boston MA)
- Double M Arts & Events (Ruston LA)
- Gary Null & Associates (New York NY)
- General Learning Corporation (Northbrook IL)
- General Magic (Sunnyvale CA)
- Hasbro Inc (Pawtucket RI)
- Illinois Power (Decatur IL)
- John Wiley & Sons (New York NY)
- Judy Madrigal & Associates (San Mateo CA)
- Kohl & Madden (Fort Lee NJ)
- Krannert Art Museum (Champaign IL)
- Krannert Center for the Performing Arts (Urbana IL)
- Manhattan Marketing Ensemble (New York NY)
- McClain Finlon Advertising (Denver CO)
- Miller Freeman (New York NY)
- Mitsubishi Imaging (Rye NY)
- Mondo Publishing (New York NY)
- Morgan Stanley (New York NY)
- National Wildlife Federation (Vienna VA)
- nCUBE (Beaverton OR)
- Network of Illinois Learning Resources in Community Colleges (Sugar Creek IL)
- New York Women in Film & Television
(New York NY)
- Pentech (Red Bank NJ)
- PPI Entertainment Group (Newark NJ)
- Public Interest Fund of Illinois (Champaign IL)
- Quantum Group (Parsippany NJ)
- Quick Trading (Oakland CA)
- Reason Foundation (Los Angeles CA)
- Redbook Magazine (New York NY)
- RJO Group (Gladstone NJ)
- Society for the Advancement of Bereavement Management (Woodbridge CT)
- Sony Corporation of America (New York NY)
- Sporteve (Venice CA)
- Stanazek Goodwin Design Partnership (Evanston IL)
- Triumph Learning (New York NY)
- United Way of Champaign County (Champaign IL)
- University of Illinois (Urbana IL)
- Wordlink (Champaign IL)
- Wunderman Worldwide (New York NY)
- Zeitgeist, Inc (Boulder CO)